Yes, it’s Camp NaNoWriMo time for April and I’m getting back into writing!
Wait a minute… *pulls out spreadsheet* there is no “going back to” because I did write!
I wrote 10290 words in March! That may not be much for some people but it’s still nothing to sneeze on. Especially with all the other stuff that is going on daily in my life.
I can only recommend to keep a spreadsheet or a page in a notebook to write down what you do for your craft every day.It may be a sheet full of plotting and ideas, a blog post, or a page of glittering dialogue — all of it counts. Even that sketch for the cover or the character you would love to see one day, it counts. I named my spreadsheet “Creativity” and I’m putting everything in there.
It’s important to encourage ourselves. Too easily we forget what we did and how much we do every day. It all counts.
I said I wouldn’t do a New Years Resolution post but then I read The First (?) 2017 Process Blog by Kristine Kathryn Rusch and I thought “maybe I don’t need resolutions but I think I need a list of things that should be part of the process for the days to come”.
Here is my list so far:
- Stay healthy, stay alive. If the past year has taught me anything, it’s that that is not an easy task in of itself
- Be a loud and unapologetic woman like Carrie Fisher (I already miss her so much)
- Read the books that I started or will start, all the way to the end. I have this bad habit to start books and never finish them even when I like them
- Write every day for an hour. I thought about setting a goal of ten minutes first but no, an hour, I have a fucking hour in my day for doing something that I love, for fucks sake
- Finish the various writing WIPs that deserve to get done
- Publish novel. Just get it done.
- Organize my days, declutter my life
- Sports. Gods, I hate sports but looking at the point up there about staying healthy — that means losing weight and building some muscles
So this is The List. My list. What will your 2017 list be like?
I’m in shock. This election has me in fear. I see a trend continue that has started here in Europe a while ago. Right-wing populism is rising world-wide.
I tried to write but nothing would come.
Only metaphorical of course, this is a no-sports zone, thank you very much.
I just wanted to pop in here, to show my metaphorical face. It was snowing this morning, I was not amused.
Tempting The Dragon will continue soon but I’m currently working on something else. I’m participating in NaNoWriMo, aiming for half the amount of the normal words.
As I have said before, I came to writing by writing
porny sexy fanfiction and looking at those real world examples made me think that I could write stuff like this at least as good as that if not better.
Sooooo, yes, there’s going to be alien porn and it’s going to be sexy and romantic.
On that note, I would also like to point to this writing opportunity: A sexy Anthology for Valentines Day is looking for contributions.
The story needs to be:
Between 5,000 and 8,000 words in length
ORIGINAL characters – I don’t care if it’s fanfic with the serial numbers filed off, as long as they’re filed off thoroughly
M/F or M/F/M
Sexy romance/erotica. At least one EXPLICIT sex scene that should last around 1,500 to 2,000 words.
End on a positive note – if not an HEA, at least Happy For Now
EDIT: Valentine’s themed!
There you have it. If you have a
naughty sexy story on the backburner, this may be the opportunity to get it out into the world.
So long and happy writing!
Yes, where is it?
Would you believe that it has been done for over a week now? It’s been looked over, I have to research things like eye color for consistency but apart from that — the chapter is sitting here and I’m not really sure why.
Maybe now it starts to be a real book?