Some people write 2000 words or more every day. I’m not that person and maybe you aren’t either? Writing towards an impossible goal and never making it, is just frustrating.
So what is an achievable goal? I’d say 960 words, 5 days a week (because everybody needs days off). Think about it, after just half a year, you’ll have a novel of 124,800 words!
Look at that, that is one epic novel! 124,800 words!
960 words per day, five days per week — the no-stress-way of writing your novel!
This website is for The 960 Writers. Come and write with us.
I’m also on tumblr: the960writers.tumblr.com, where I reblog the awesome writing advice you can find on there. The writing blogs on tumblr are a great resource and offer valuable advice, especially concerning diversity and social justice.
Really, if you’re looking for resources, check out my tags page on my tumblr (so organised, I’m telling you). I have stuff about indie publishing, outlining, book design, general writing advice that I like to call storycraft, worldbuilding, editing, mythology and history for inspiration, and lots more.
If you’re looking for something, I bet I have a post for that. Feel free to ask me!
Barbara Barbex is a woman, adulting at level 47 and has decided to publish a novel soon.
I started writing fanfiction in 2012 and as it turned out, I had finally found something that I liked doing and was good at. Now I’m trying my hands at original stories with strong female characters.
OMG, are you feminist? I seem to have missed the memo that said that it is now an insult to be a feminist. I’m a woman working in tech, writing scifi among other things — of course I’m a feminist, I’d be stupid if I wasn’t!
You can find me as barbex all over the internet:
- twitter.com/barbarabarbex, here I mostly talk about videogames
- barbex at mywriteclub, find me here for wordcounts and writing sprints
- barbex.tumblr.com, all the geeky stuff, lots of Mass Effect, feminism and social justice and whatever else that is now supposed to be an insult
- barbexreadsaloud.tumblr.com, I read out stories and fanfiction here
- archiveofourown.org/users/barbex/works, fanfiction and original works
- www.fanfiction.net/~barbex, the start of it all: Mass Effect fanfiction
All images on this site are copyright by the creators on this site unless otherwise noted. All pictures are published under Creative Common License Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International.