I said I wouldn’t do a New Years Resolution post but then I read The First (?) 2017 Process Blog by Kristine Kathryn Rusch and I thought “maybe I don’t need resolutions but I think I need a list of things that should be part of the process for the days to come”.
Here is my list so far:
- Stay healthy, stay alive. If the past year has taught me anything, it’s that that is not an easy task in of itself
- Be a loud and unapologetic woman like Carrie Fisher (I already miss her so much)
- Read the books that I started or will start, all the way to the end. I have this bad habit to start books and never finish them even when I like them
- Write every day for an hour. I thought about setting a goal of ten minutes first but no, an hour, I have a fucking hour in my day for doing something that I love, for fucks sake
- Finish the various writing WIPs that deserve to get done
- Publish novel. Just get it done.
- Organize my days, declutter my life
- Sports. Gods, I hate sports but looking at the point up there about staying healthy — that means losing weight and building some muscles
So this is The List. My list. What will your 2017 list be like?